Welcome to District 62 Toastmasters!
WHERE LEADERS ARE MADE
Be one of our future District Leaders for 2013-2014:
- Schedule your club contests – international speech contest and the evaluation contest – before the end of February.
- Make plans for your open houses in February and March.
- Talk up Toastmasters! Add five or more new members between February 1 and March 31 to win bookstore credit up to $10 per member. (Think: name badges for each member)
- If you charter your prospective club or new club by March 20, your club will receive a new door banner (medium size - $70 value).
- Achieve your Distinguished Club status by April 1 to win $50 bookstore credit or a set of advanced manuals ($75 value).
- Club Treasurers: Don’t forget to pay dues to Toastmasters International prior to March 31. Pay early, if possible.
Our Area Governors want to share that they learned tons while visiting your club:
- “You have to continue to get new members.”
- “It is fun visiting other clubs. All clubs are different.”
- “We all need to be open to new ideas.”
- “Productive quality meetings are a key to successful clubs, but also need to be flexible and creative.”
- “One club did the Wizard of Oz theme and how each character used Toastmasters to help them succeed. Another club supports its members with mentors immediately.”
- “Strong or good leadership is the key to club success.”
- “How friendly all of the clubs are and how much fun the members that attend are having.”
- “Total perceived value is key to gaining and retaining members.”
- “Every meeting needs conversation, humor, and education.”
Keep up-to-date with the new and revised District Newsletter. To submit an article or newsworthy event, click the following link: